"I’ve known brother Jim Payne for many years. He’s one of America’s funkiest drummers and a great teacher. Hanging out with Jim Payne is one of the finest things you can do for your career."
– Clyde Stubblefield "The Funky Drummer," James Brown -
"Jim and I have had many opportunities to play together and I’ve always enjoyed them. He’s frighteningly well-read, inexplicably mellow, in possession of a great sense of humor and a good friend. His musicianship is fully realized - technically and artistically. His experiences playing with many jazz and R&B legends helped him build his deservedly esteemed reputation. He’s a committed educator. His book “Give the Drummers Some” is a testimony to his hard work."
– John Scofield-"Jim Payne has authored two books that in my opinion are indispensible to any serious drummers’ library. In ‘Give The Drummers Some’ and ‘Tito Puente's Drumming With The Mambo King’ he has provided an incredible wealth of information about two of the most important drumming styles in music today - Funk and Afro-Cuban. And now comes the news that Jim launching his new online teaching program! I say, save a spot for me! I know I’ll learn a lot when I go there."
– John Ramsay Chairman, Percussion Department, Berklee College of Music-
"Jim Payne's online teaching program is good news for those drumming students who are interested in receiving top-class instruction from one of the drum world's more prolific and respected educators. I wish him well with this endeavor, and can recommend his teaching methods and sincerity."
– Peter Erskine- “Jim Payne has created a modern package that will continue to spread his message on the funk."
– Steve Smith- "Well- thought- out… refreshingly exciting, innovative, and most of all, loads of fun! I highly recommend it."
"With his considerable hands-on experience playing with some of the legends and innovators, Jim is a true authority on the subject of funk." – Bill Stewart- "Jim Payne is a well-respected teacher, author, clinician and performer in the drum community. He has a thorough knowledge of what it takes to become a professional musician and has had a great deal of success in training others to pursue this career. I wish him luck with his new online drum program."
– John Riley Percussion faculty: Manhattan School of Music, NYU, The New School, NYC-