Funk Drumming 2.0 is a graduated/progressive program taught by Berklee Online instructor Jim Payne for intermediate to advanced drummers with one-on-one interaction and personal attention.
Complete Lesson Plans will help you progress toward your goals in drumming. The series of 20 in-depth lessons, purchased in 4-lesson blocks, features demonstration videos, transcriptions and exercises on the topics you need to learn in this classic genre, such as linear drumming, layered coordination, bass drum technique and developing an "in-the-pocket" time feel. You'll receive personal instruction from Jim through audio comments, suggestions and feedback on your submitted videos playing to special tracks in each lesson. See the Screen Recording to find out how Funk 2.0 works!
The lessons also include one-on-one Skype sessions to go over any questions or concerns you may have.
Working together with Jim you'll be able to reach your drumming goals in this popular style.
Price: $395 for each 4-lesson block.
Funk Drumming 2.0 includes:
Each lesson includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Lesson Videos
- Groove Transcriptions
- Exercise Transcriptions
- Song Charts
- 5-8 Song Examples (original mp3s) relating to the topic of each lesson
- Song Tracks w/o drums
- Comments and feedback after each lesson video is submitted
- A personal Skype session with Jim (15-20 min) after every other lesson
PLUS - Upon purchase of the first 4-lesson block, students will get: a complete digital copy of Give the Dummers Some! (376 pages), Jim's acclaimed book on the great drummers of R&B, funk & soul, with archival photos, discographies and interviews. - 5 Stars - Modern Drummer Magazine
AND – A complete copy of 100 Famous Funk Beats, with MP3s of Jim playing 100 famous funk grooves.
Funk 2.0 Certificates Signed by Jim Payne:
- Upon the completion of the first four lessons you will receive an Intermediate Level 1 Certificate.
- Upon completion of the first eight lessons you will receive an Intermediate Level 2 Certificate.
- Upon completion of the first twelve lessons you will receive an Advanced Level 1 Certificate.
- Upon completion of sixteen lessons you will receive an Advanced Level 2 Certificate.
- Upon completion of twenty lessons you will receive a Professional Certificate.
Price: $395 for a 4-lesson block